Keynote panel: the rise and rise of GP-led deals
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
Keynote panel: the rise and rise of GP-led deals
About the speakers
- Ruulke BagijnHead of Carlyle Global Investment Solutions & Chair of the Board at AlpInvestRuulke Bagijn is Head of Carlyle’s Global Investment Solutions segment and Chair of the Board of AlpInvest. Ms. Bagijn is a member of the AlpInvest Investment Committee and the Carlyle Diversity & Inclusion Council. She is based in New York. Ms. Bagijn joined AlpInvest from AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets, where she was the Global Head of Real Assets Private Equity and a member of its Management Board. Prior to AXA Investment Managers, she was Co-Chief Investment Officer of Investment Management and Chief Investment Officer of Private Markets at PGGM, with direct responsibility for managing investments in infrastructure, hedge funds, structured credit, private equity, insurance-linked securities and private real estate. Ms. Bagijn previously held several senior roles at ABN AMRO. Ruulke received an MSc in economics from Erasmus University Rotterdam and is a CFA charterholder..
- Philipp PatschkowskiManaging Director at Neuberger BermanPhilipp Patschkowski is a Managing Director of Neuberger Berman and a member of the Secondary and Strategic Capital Investment Committees. He initially joined Neuberger Berman as a senior member of the Firm's Private Investment Portfolios group where he was responsible for leading primary and secondary fund investments and direct co-investments. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Patschkowski was at Coller Capital where he was responsible for originating and executing secondary and strategic primary fund investments and co-investments. Prior to that, Mr. Patschkowski worked in investment banking at UBS and at Sal. Oppenheim, covering the communications, media and technology sectors. Mr. Patschkowski received an MBA from INSEAD in France/Singapore, and a Diploma in Mathematics and Economics from the University of Ulm in Germany. Mr. Patschkowski is a member of the LP Council of Invest Europe, the European private equity association.
- Sandro GalfettiManaging Director at UBS Investment BankSandro Galfetti is the Head of EMEA Secondary Advisory at UBS Investment Bank in London. He has over 20 years of experience in private equity and financial services. Prior to joining UBS in 2020, he worked at PJT Partners (UK) Ltd as a Managing Director in the Park Hill Secondary Advisory unit in London. He sourced, structured and executed a wide range of liquidity solutions for European financial sponsors and limited partners. Prior to joining Park Hill Group in 2014, Mr. Galfetti was a Director with Capital Dynamics’ private equity secondary investment team in London and New York and before that, with the firm’s structured solutions group in Zug, Switzerland. Previously, he was a structured credit underwriter with Swiss Re Financial Services in Zurich and London and carried out worldwide audit/consulting assignments for Swiss Re Group. Mr. Galfetti holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration, magna cum laude, from the University of Zurich (lic.oec.publ.) and the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation.
- Shane FeeneyManaging Director & Head of Global Secondaries at Northleaf Capital PartnersShane oversees all aspects of Northleaf’s secondaries program and actively participates in investment activities across Northleaf’s broader private equity program. In addition, he is involved in Northleaf’s investor relations and business development activities. Prior to joining Northleaf in 2021, Shane was Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Private Equity at CPP Investments where he led the teams responsible for direct private equity, Asia private equity, private equity funds and secondaries investments. Under his leadership, CPP Investments’ private equity program assets under management grew by more than $70 billion. Shane joined CPP Investments in 2010 from Bridgepoint Capital Ltd. in London. Prior to Bridgepoint, he was a partner and founding member of Hermes Private Equity’s direct investing business, until its transition to Bridgepoint in 2009. Previously, he was an Associate Director at Morgan Grenfell Private Equity in London and also worked in investment banking at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell and CIBC Wood Gundy in Toronto. He has served as a director on numerous boards, including 99 Cents Only Stores, The Gates Corporation, Livingston International and Air Distribution Technologies. Shane holds a M.B.A. from INSEAD and a B.A. (Economics) from Dartmouth College.
- Bernhard EngelienManaging Director & Co-Head of European Private Capital Advisory at GreenhillMr Engelien is a Managing Director and Co-Head of European Private Capital Advisory. He is based in Greenhill’s London and Frankfurt offices where he leads the firm’s secondary advisory business working with fund managers and institutional investors in the UK, Continental Europe and the Middle East. Prior to Cogent Partners' acquisition by Greenhill, he was a Partner and member of the firm's Executive Committee. Prior to joining Cogent Partners, Mr Engelien was an Associate Principal at McKinsey & Company where he served financial services companies and private equity firms on a broad range of strategy and corporate finance topics. He was also a leader of McKinsey’s European Banking & Securities practice. Mr Engelien started his career at Goldman Sachs in London covering the pan-European Business Services sector as an equity analyst. Mr Engelien holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, and a Master’s Degree in International Management from the Community of European Management Schools (CEMS).