ABCs of GHG & SBTs, and CDP
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
ABCs of GHG & SBTs, and CDP
About the speakers
- Sophia BeavisGlobal Workplace Sustainability Manager at OktaSophia Duluk Beavis is the Global Workplace Sustainability Manager at Okta. She is building Okta's sustainability program which includes our LEED & WELL Certifications, site operational sustainability, GHG emissions accounting, CDP reporting, and renewable energy procurement. Sophia is a licensed architect who joined Okta from Facebook where she worked on climate products, partnerships, and innovation. She worked for over 8 years leading sustainability programs in architectural practices in San Francisco and has presented at national conferences such as Greenbuild and Living Future Conference. In her spare time, Sophia enjoys trail running, mountain biking, and being outside with her family.
- Koray AysinSenior Corporate Sustainability Lead at Perkins EastmanKoray Aysin is a Senior Corporate Sustainability Lead at Perkins Eastman where he oversees global sustainability strategies and networks. Aysin’s vast multi-disciplinary experience includes corporate sustainbiltiy, ESG reporting, NZE strategies, carbon reduction and urban developmetn finaince. He is passionate about fostering resilient, inclusive, and sustainable built environments. He previously worked as the project manager at the Housing Up, a nonprofit affordable housing development organization, and as a sustainability specialist at the World Bank. In his organization and industry, he is a strong advocate of DE&I and transparency in practice. He is a core member of Perkins Eastman’s DE&I advisory committee. Also, Aysin is a steering committee member of Pathways to Inclusion Program and co-chair of Sustainability and Resilience Local Product Council of Urban Land Institute Washington, DC. Mr. Aysin attended various leading conferences as presenter and moderator, recently, Urban Land Institute – ULI Fall Meeting 2022 and NYC Climate Week conference. Mr. Aysin holds Master of Architecture and Master of Real Estate Development degrees.
- Milena RangelovCarbon Expert at WatershedDr. Milena Rangelov is a Carbon Expert in Watershed. In her role, she is developing new methodologies for corporate greenhouse gas reporting and product footprinting. Before joining Watershed, she worked for four years as a Research Engineer on the Sustainable Pavements Program in the US DOT where she helped advance the sustainability goals of the Biden-Harris Administration. She holds a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from Washington State University.
- Understand the scopes of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, sources for data for a GHG Inventory, and best practices when conducting a GHG inventory.
- Understand the role of public disclosure via 2 established systems - CDP and a TCFD aligned sustainability report.
- Be prepared to create a plan for their firm to conduct a first GHG inventory or expand upon an existing inventory. Understand where LCAs fit into your company's GHG inventory.
- Understand science based targets, their purpose and alignment with the Paris Agreement.