FinovateFall 2023: “Unique and different”
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
FinovateFall 2023: “Unique and different”
About the speakers
- Kevin BrownCMO at OnbeKevin Brown is the Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Corporate Development at Onbe, a corporate payouts gateway that manages and modernizes consumer and workforce payments for enterprise merchants and brands. With nearly two decades of experience in fintech, Kevin is a fintech & payments operator with extensive strategy, corporate development and marketing experience at both public and private equity backed businesses. Currently he is CMO (marketing, corporate development, communications) of Centerbridge backed payments business Onbe, an executive at Credibly, and held various leadership roles in Citi’s Consumer and Institutional businesses.
- Rodrigo SuarezChief Banking & Innovation Officer at Piermont BankRodrigo Suarez has 10+ years of experience as a strategist in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Piermont Bank in 2020, Rodrigo served as Principal of INV Fintech, a startup accelerator in partnership with Fiserv and more than 20 financial institutions. In this role, Rodrigo mentored multiple early-stage companies, significantly expanded the program’s corporate ecosystem, and supported both startups and incumbents identity and execute mutually beneficial partnership opportunities. Rodrigo started his career at First Manhattan Consulting Group (acquired by Deluxe Corporation), and has extensive experience as a management consultant to financial institutions in the U.S. and Latin America. His projects spanned go-to-market strategy, product development, operational effectiveness, and other aspects of financial innovation. He has a M.S.E/B.S.E. in Economic and Financial Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Economics, University of Pennsylvania. He's been interviewed and/or featured in Tearsheet, PaymentsJournal, and the Headless Banking podcast.
- Charles PottsEVP & Chief Innovation Officer at Independent Community Bankers of America®Charles E. Potts is Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer for the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA). In this role Potts drives ICBA’s innovation initiatives, and financial technology strategies, working with ICBA leadership to develop impactful, value-added solutions that help community banks seize new market opportunities to meet customers’ evolving financial services’ needs. Potts’ extensive experience in banking and financial service firms provided the background Potts needed to start, co-found or lead various fintech start-ups including digital banking, mobile engagement, financial management and payments providers. Many had successful exits via IPO’s or acquisition via strategic acquirers. A frequent speaker at national trade shows and conferences, Potts previously served as executive managing director at First Performance Global, where he led international business and corporate development activities for its card-control and fraud alert platform. Before that he served as CEO for NetClarity, a start-up in the University of Florida’s Business Incubation Hub. Prior to ICBA, he worked at the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC), leading the fintech practice where he mentored startups as part of the Georgia Tech-based incubator. Charles attended the Georgia Institute of Technology, did his graduate studies at Georgia State University in Atlanta and attended the Graduate School of Banking at LSU. Potts, an avid masters runner, cyclist and soccer fan, lives with his wife in Atlanta, GA. They have a daughter who recently graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she was a nationally ranked pole vaulter on the Track and Field team.
- Jacqueline BakerAuthor at The Unexpected LeaderJacqueline M. Baker is a speaker, author, leadership consultant and advisor known for her unique approach to modern etiquette and leadership. As the author of The Unexpected Leader: Discovering the Leader Within You and Leader by Mistake: Becoming A Leader One Mistake At A Time, she frequently speaks and writes on the leadership-for-all concept. Her inspiration and expertise comes from more than a decade as the founder and principalconsultant for Scarlet, a consultancy that provides leadership training to Fortune 500companies, small businesses, community organizations and individuals across the globe. Shealso leverages her experience serving in a number of corporate board and community serviceroles. An avid dinner-party hostess, Jacqueline creates space and opportunities to gather groups forcompelling conversation, delicious cuisine and untraditional ways for continued leadershipdevelopment. She is also the host of the podcast, Just Start™: From Ideas To Action.
- Sherry GrazianoHead of Digital and Care Center Banking at Truist Financial CorporationSherry Graziano is the Head of Digital and Care Center Banking for Truist. She is responsible for delivering client- centric experiences, leads multi-channel acceleration and innovation strategy, and delivery for retail, small business and wealth client segments utilizing client journey architecture. Her scope includes driving revenue through digital commerce and phone-based sales, driving digital adoption and engagement, and focus on distinctive care center interactions. Prior to this role, she served as the Director of Digital Commerce, where she led the implementation of innovative client- facing digital growth strategies for the enterprise including retail and small business deposits, card, lending and wealth solutions. Graziano joined SunTrust in 2011 and has held several positions in Mortgage including retail loan consultant, sales strategist, operations leader, and transformation leader. Graziano has served in the banking industry for more than 20 years and has held positions at PHH Mortgage, MetLIfe Home Loans, and Bank of America. In 2019 HousingWire Magazine recognized Graziano as a top Woman of Influence in the industry. As a spokesperson, she has shared her expertise with top media outlets including CNBC, MSNBC, Nightly Business Review, Wall Street Journal, National Mortgage News, Scotsman Guide, MReport, and Realtor.com. Graziano earned her bachelor's degree from University of Florida and master's degree from Rollins College. She currently co-chairs the Women @ Truist Business Resource Group, serving teammates and focusing on programming for professional development of women across the enterprise. She is a member of CHIEF, Womens50, and serves on the BAI Board of Directors. She is also active with the Human Rights Campaign, and passionate about creating inclusive environments. Truist Financial Corporation is a purpose-driven financial services company committed to inspiring and building better lives and communities. As a top 10 U.S. commercial bank with leading market share in many high-growth markets, Truist is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more at Truist.com.
What was it like to be at FinovateFall 2023?