From “Just Better” to “Net Zero”
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
From “Just Better” to “Net Zero”
About the speakers
- Daniel PiankoManaging Director at Achieve PartnersDaniel Pianko is co-founder and Managing Director at Achieve Partners. Daniel began his career in investment banking at Goldman Sachs, and quickly became intrigued by the potential of leveraging private capital to establish the next generation of socially beneficial education companies. After leaving Goldman, Daniel invested in, founded, advised, or managed a number of education-related businesses that led to the creation of University Ventures. Prior to founding UV, he established a student loan fund, served as chief of staff for the public/private investments in the Philadelphia School District, and worked as a hedge fund analyst. A frequent commentator on higher education, Daniel’s insights have been featured in national media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, and The Chronicle of Higher Education . Daniel graduated magna cum laude from Columbia University, and holds a M.B.A. and M.A. in Education from Stanford University.
- Joana CastroHead of Primaries & ESG at UnigestionJoana Castro, Partner, Head of Primary Investments, is product head for the Climate Impact Fund and responsible for ESG integration in private equity. Joana is a member of the advisory board of several private equity funds and member of British Venture Capital Association’s Responsible Investment Advisory Group. She joined Unigestion in September 2016. Joana began her career in 2007 in investment banking at Goldman Sachs. In 2010, she joined the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) as Senior Analyst focusing on private equity funds investments and became Principal at EBRD in 2013. Joana graduated in Economics from Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Suzanne TavillPartner, Global Head of Responsible Investing at StepStone GroupMs. Tavill is the Global Head of Responsible Investing, which encompasses ESG and Impact across all asset classes and investment strategies. She is also a member of the private equity team. Prior to StepStone, Ms. Tavill was responsible for AMP Capital’s global alternative investment platform that included private equity, infrastructure and real assets. Before that, she spent five years at Van Eyk Research in Sydney, the last four as head of research. Before moving to Australia, she was an executive director at Goldman Sachs Investment Management, responsible for their UK small-and mid-cap portfolios. Ms. Tavill received an MSc in finance and economics from the London School of Economics, in addition to a BBS with honors in economics and honors in finance from the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Tazia SmithChief Operating Officer, Managing Director of Capital Partnerships & Investor Relations at Closed Loop PartnersTazia is the Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director of Capital Partnerships & Investor Relations of Closed Loop Partners and is responsible for stakeholder management, capital formation and investor relations across the firm. She has 19 years of experience within investment banks, working with institutional family offices across the capital structure, and has seized leadership opportunities accelerating the integration of sustainable finance into capital markets and impact accountability into investment assessment.
- Sarah SclarsicFounding Partner at VoyagerSarah Sclarsic is a Founding Partner at Voyager, a venture firm investing in early-stage companies focused ondecarbonization. She has been building and investing in transformative technology companies since 2009 andbrings expertise in mobility, biotech, food and materials production and carbon removal. Prior to Voyager, sheco-founded car-sharing firm Getaround and served as the founding business director of Modern Meadow, theworld’s first company making biofabricated leather. Sarah serves as a technical advisor to Frontier, a $925Mfund to purchase carbon removal. Sarah is a graduate of Harvard and of MIT, where she earned her M.S. while researching atmospheric carbonremoval technologies. She lives in New York City.