Fundraising: performance reviews and business blueprints
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
Fundraising: performance reviews and business blueprints
About the speakers
- Alexandre AlfonsiFounding Partner at Axonia PartnersAlexandre is a Founding Partner of Axonia Partners, a corporate finance and private equity advisory firm, and currently the number 1 adviser in Africa in terms of number of funds raised internationally. Within Axonia Partners, Alexandre specializes in advising private equity teams and organizations on their fundraising, secondary transactions and special situations worldwide (including African and Tech GPs in particular) and has over 25 years of relevant experience acquired in various professional settings internationally. Alexandre has an MBA from Stanford Business School and a MS from Ecole Centrale Paris.
- Treena MaguireDirector at Moravia Capital InvestmentsTreena joined the Moravia team in 2019 to focus on investor relations and business development. She started her career Private Equity career in 1997 with Greenoak Capital Management - one of the earliest UK Private Equity Fund of Funds. In 2000, she moved to Barings to focus on marketing and distribution of debt and equity funds. Following that, Treena became one of the founding members of The Alternative Assets Network - AltAssets.net and Almeida Capital. She helped create the institutional investor education platform, still in existence today and developed new business products such as specialised conferences. As well as spearheading relationship development with institutional investors and managing the firm’s network of active investors for the distribution activities of Almeida Capital. In 2006, Treena joined the Private Equity team of Unigestion, a leading Swiss head-quartered global Alternative Asset Manager. As Head of the Client Relations team, she was responsible for fundraising and client service for their Fund of Funds and customised mandates. She also enjoyed being part of the product development team developing new strategies including the Unigestion Environmental Sustainability Fund in 2010, one of the first of its kind. Following a family opportunity and a desire for adventure, she relocated to Harare, Zimbabwe in 2010, becoming a Director of Albida Advisers in 2012. Albida provides business-consulting services to companies on the ground in Africa and those seeking to access the region. Treena now lives in KZN, South Africa. She holds a degree in Geography and Environmental Studies (1997) from Liverpool University, along with financial accreditations, IMC, and Certificate in Corporate Finance.
- David MoorePrincipal: Funds and Co-Investments (Africa) at Blue Earth CapitalDavid Moore joined Blue Earth Capital in 2022 and has 15 years of African Private Markets experience. Prior to joining Blue Earth Capital, he was Head of Alternative Investments at Alexander Forbes Investments, ('AFI') where he led the development of Private Market programmes which invested across Infrastructure, Private Debt, Direct Property and Private Equity in Africa. Prior to AFI he was at FMO - Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (sustainable private sector investment in emerging markets), Standard Bank (corporate and investment banking) and RisCura (unlisted asset valuation and advisory). He holds a M.Bus.Sc (Finance), M.Com (Financial Management) and B.Bus.Sc (Finance) from the University of Cape Town.
- Fadi BassirInvestment Manager, Private Equity Funds and Co-Investments at British International Investment (BII)Fadi Bassir is a Manager in the Private Equity Funds and Co-investment team at British International Investment (BII). He is responsible for sourcing, executing and managing funds and co-investments across Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. Fadi has invested in and managed funds across the VC, SME, mid-cap, large-cap, credit, real estate and infrastructure categories. He has been at BII since 2015. Prior to BII, Fadi worked in corporate finance. Fadi read engineering at Imperial College London and is a Chartered Accountant (UK & SA).
- Hannah Subayi KamuangaPartner at Launch Africa VenturesHannah Subayi Kamuanga is an experienced impact and early stage investor in Africa, currently acting as a Partner at Launch Africa Ventures (https://www.launchafrica.vc/), with a particular focus on frontier markets and female founders and deeptech investments. Passionate about African investments, Hannah also advises African investment funds (including Aruwa Capital, the leading gender-lens fund in Nigeria) and has been recently re-appointed as a non-executive director of ABAN, the African Business Angel Network (ABAN) is a Pan-African non-profit association (https://abanangels.org/), being herself the co-founder of Dazzle Angels and DRC Impact Angels. Previously, Hannah was acting as the Country Officer for the Republic Democratic of Congo (DRC) within Proparco - one of the largest DFIs in the world (https://www.proparco.fr/fr). Before joining Launch Africa Ventures and Proparco, Hannah was a principal in a 1bn$ African fund and an investment banker in London. She graduated from HEC Paris Business School and from Paris I - La Sorbonne Law School in France with two Masters degrees (in Finance and in Business Law). She is a 2023 Desmond Tutu Fellow (https://alinstitute.org/2023-fellows/hannah-subayi-kamuanga). She is the winner of 2023 BWAM in the category Impact Investor (https://bwam40under40.awardstage.com/#!/winners), is a 2022 Alumni from the Boardroom Africa (https://theboardroomafrica.com/) and a 2022 Fellow of Africa Venture Philanthropy Alliance (https://avpa.africa/leadership/hannah-subayi-kamuanga/).