Keynote panel: Update on co-investment
Current Time 0:00
Duration Time 0:00
Keynote panel: Update on co-investment
About the speakers
- Arnaud LipkowiczPartner at Essling CapitalArnaud is a Partner and Member of the Essling Capital Investment Committee based in London. Arnaud previously was a Managing Director and a Member of the Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure global Investment Committee at GCM Grosvenor from 2014 to 2020 and led the firm’s EMEA Private Equity Co-investments, Secondary transactions and Fund Investments practice. Arnaud was a Partner in the Customized Fund Investment Group of Credit Suisse (which eventually merged into GCM Grosvenor) from 2007 to 2014. Previously, Arnaud was Vice-President and Director of Investments for the LCF Rothschild Group in London, where he co-founded and developed a European third-party Private Equity business focused on Co-investments, Secondary transactions and Fund Investments. Prior to that, Arnaud was Senior Associate in the AXA-AIG Private Equity Funds-of-Funds group in New York. Arnaud holds degrees in finance and management from the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris and the Université Paris IX Dauphine, as well as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Columbia Business School.
- Christiaan de LintPartner, Co-Founder at Headway Capital PartnersChristiaan de Lint is a partner and co-founder of Headway Capital Partners, a London based private equity secondaries firm with advised funds of over €900 million. Headway provides bespoke liquidity and capital solutions to private equity GPs and managers, investing globally in a full range of secondary and co-investment transactions, with a focus on small to mid-size secondary direct, GP-led and independent sponsor transactions in Europe and North America. Christiaan and his two partners co-founded Headway in 2004, after leaving Coller Capital together. Prior to Coller, Christiaan worked in the Alternative Investment Strategies and Corporate Banking divisions of Citibank in London and New York. Christiaan received a BA in Economics and an MBA from the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland. Christiaan is a CFA Charter-holder
- Benoit de KerleauManaging Partner at Flexstone PartnersBenoit de Kerleau is a Managing Partner. Based in Paris, he serves on the European Compliance, Risk and Internal Control Committee, the Global Advisory Investment Committee and the European Investment Committee. Before joining Euro Private Equity, a predecessor to Flexstone Partners, he was the managing partner of Dahlia Partners, the European fund of funds and advisory arm of Natixis Private Equity in Paris. Previously, Benoit was an Investment Director at BNP Paribas Private Equity. Prior to BNP Paribas, he worked at PAI Partners for eight years, the leading leverage buyout firm in continental Europe, where he was involved initially in fund structuring and fundraising as well as portfolio monitoring and then participated in a number of leverage buyout transactions across Europe. Benoit started his career as an auditor with Arthur Andersen, after serving as a Midshipman, Aide-de-Camp to the Admiral Inspector General of the French Navy. Benoit graduated from HEC (Paris) with a Master in Finance. He sits on the Advisory Board of several European private equity funds.
- Oliver SchumannSenior Managing Director, Co-Investments and Chairman of the Private Equity Investment Committee at Capital DynamicsOliver is a Managing Director on the Co-Investments team and Chairman of the Private Equity Investment Committee. He has over 20 years of experience in private equity and investment management. Prior to joining Capital Dynamics, Oliver held positions with Arthur Andersen, GE Capital, Sal. Oppenheim, and Resurgence Asset Management. He has also worked as a financial adviser and finance director managing a number of projects including the recapitalization of a German chemicals company and taking a German pharmaceutical company public on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Oliver completed an exchange program in Business Administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and holds a Diplom Kaufmann degree (MBA equivalent) from Philipps University Marburg.
- Scott B. GarfieldSenior Managing Director, Head of North American Private Equity & Credit at Manulife Investment ManagementMr. Garfield has oversight responsibility for Manulife Investment Management’s North American junior credit, private equity funds, and equity co-investment programs. Mr. Garfield joined John Hancock and the Investment Team in 2002, and was previously a Partner of FinanStar Group, LLC, a boutique investment bank. His background also includes numerous M&A assignments and corporate finance transactions while serving in Wachovia’s Capital Markets Group. Mr. Garfield received a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Williams College and an MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.